View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 10:42 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I really want a street legal 4 stroke race bike under 300 lbs, 500 cc max suitable for riding the Odessa 100. Im on the fence about buying new versus used. I like the idea of a warranty but 4500 sounds better than 10k .

The Beta's are very interesting and the used 450 gasser with the Yamaha engine definitely has my attention but I'm a little concerned about parts and aftermarket accessories for those bikes. I briefly owened a husky te610 and really regret selling that bike and would consider getting a used te450. Since KTM bought husky I'm Again a little concerned about parts.

The xr 600/650 is a proven steed for the desert 4-sure and in the right hands can blast through the woods but Unfortunatley I don't have those skills. I can remember hopelessly attempting to keep up with Scott Summers on his XR 600 back in the late 80's . He rode that bike like it was on rails!

All of the magazines rave about the KTM 500 EXC and so far I Haven't found any major complaints about them other than filter/EFI issues with 2012 models which I think KTM resolved.

Yup so many choices