Thread: 2019 ec300 fuel
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 02:57 AM

Default EC300 2019 jetting

Hi all, been reading all the posts re, jetting for 2019 EC300. I?ve just picked up a low mileage 18hrs only EC300 and it?s running a bit rich. I live on the Gold Coast Australia and ride from 0-500 feet in temps of 13-30?c. Previous owner mentioned jetting is pretty standard, I think he changed the main but not the pilot or needle. Running Maxima Castor at 40-1, this was already in the bike and I had planned to use the same, I?m a bit old school!. I now many of you mention to change the needle and main, but so many posts I?m getting a bit lost. Any guidance on base settings would be much appreciated. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehuge View Post
If you give us your location/altitude/temperature then Jakobi might be kind enough to suggest a starting point for jetting, to give you a head start.

The standard no.7 slide is usually OK, so it"s a matter of trying different needles, main jets, pilot jets and clip positions. Most important to just make one change at a time, then test and keep notes so you don't get lost.

Make sure you're using a good quality full synthetic oil mixed at 50:1 (usually 50:1 but please check).

If you speak to your dealer (where you've just spent thousands) I would hope they'd help you out with supplying jets/needles at a discounted price! I wish GasGas and other manufacturers supplied a selection of jets/needles with their bikes.

Congratulations on your new bike, it looks stunning, I'm very jealous!