View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
I haven't really run a full tank dry yet ...I did a one gallon test run .. I figured I'd get about 40 to 45 miles out of a tank. Some local guys think I should be able to get 50 to 60. one of these days I'll find out for sure .. hopefull no pushing involved
Guys - I have been meaning to comment on all the posts I see relating to miles per tank on these bikes. In my opinion, these figures are meaningless. It all depends on the terrain being ridden and the riding style being employed. 1st & 2nd gear tight tracks and climbs are going to empty a tank in very few miles whereas open tracks using 4th 5th and 6th gears will give a good return on fuel. Also, a bike's gearing will affect fuel consumption noticeably.

I judge my bike's consumption on hours running not miles. Its still not accurate but at least it is a more comparable figure to use than miles covered. Up to now, I have been able to get about 3 hours use from a tank of gas before going on to reserve using the N1EF needle. I will test the CCK needle this weekend to see if it is better or worse with regard to consumption.

Fergus