View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
I'm pretty new to bikes in general. This season will be my third riding. My brothers have been riding for years though and they taught me to ride by saying "keep up or stay home". I'm sorta glad they did now because I had no choice but to learn quick. I finished my first "race" last year. 500miles in one day on a WR250R across half of Ontario. Placed 24th out of 38. Which I think is respectable for being my first ever race.

I just signed myself up for the Offroad Ontario circuit! They run a series of Xcountry events and a series of Enduro events. I was advised to run in Novice A for my first season and then jump up or down a class depending on how I do. The upside to Novice A is its part of the afternoon races. The downside is that we are last to go so the track will be ripped up by everyone else already.

I don't think I'll be showing up to every event. I just really want to sharpen my skills and see how I compare to the rest of the world. So follow me here as I try out my first season of racing. I'll try to post pictures and write-ups from every race I go to.

Any advice you have for someone getting into racing would be really appreciated. So wish me luck and health! Cya out there!

Here is the bike I'll be on. Its a mostly stock 2012 EC300. It'll get a skidplate and a new rear tire before the season starts.

I don't understand Novice A? So is it an A class? Or is it a Novice Class? Probably shouldn't be racing in an A class for your first year. Anyway good luck and have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk