View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure about the OEM Densos either. Always had spooge with them, but always been in a new bike while trying to get it dialled so probably just a case of correlation and not confirmation.

Regardless I have changed mine to an NGK so I'll report back when I get a chance to ride some more.

I agree with F5 that most spooge is likely caused by low throttle application. I think it's part and package of the PWK carb. Without a squirt jet, we need to run rich enough that whacking the throttle doesn't hesitate. That means excess fuel.. that means spooge. Running richer also gives a smoother and torquier pull under load and helps keep the engine cool. IMO all the benefits outweigh having to wipe it's bum a bit.

If you run up the rev range further you don't spend as much time in this rich area. You tend to be moving faster allowing the radiators to cool the engine, and you kind of prefer snappy 2 stroke power delivery.

Part of the beast! I still think cutting the exhaust shorter eliminates most of the issues on these new GGs. The can looks like it was built for a 4T.. and without a doubt they run a lot hotter (cherry red headers running in darkness), without the addition of extra lubrication in their fuel.