View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
I will read more later many thanks to you all. The spark plug looks almost perfect.
It is the org spark plug Denso W24ESR-U Now I have changed spark plug and put in an NGK B8EG.
I am thinking that a BR7EG can make it better?
There is no reason to change the heat range of the plug as the BR8 series plug has been proven to be correct for this engine for years and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Haha. Same planet, different worlds. If some pixies stole my 6th gear there are quite a few of our rides that I wouldn't notice its absence.

I'll keep that in the back of my mind as target audience can vary significantly i guess.
So true. It is funny how things can be so different even over here in the same state depending on where in that state you are. It's all good though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I agree with F5 that most spooge is likely caused by low throttle application. I think it's part and package of the PWK carb. Without a squirt jet, we need to run rich enough that whacking the throttle doesn't hesitate. That means excess fuel.. that means spooge. Running richer also gives a smoother and torquier pull under load and helps keep the engine cool. IMO all the benefits outweigh having to wipe it's bum a bit.
I do not believe it is due to the PWK in and of itself. I've tuned all versions of the PWK and even the older PJ. I have been able to dial in the jetting on them so there is no spooge, or close to it, on almost every bike except an '18 YZ250X. My older '05 Gasser had zero spooge with a PWK but my '11 with Lectron always had a misting of oil just around the silencer exit but no drips or runs. The YZ is a spooge machine and it goes everywhere. My KDX runs clean as can be.

My current Gasser, the KDX, and YX250X are run on a 40:1 mix of pump premium and Lucas semi-synthetic which has a very low flashpoint (177f IIRC). My other Gasser was 40:1, pump premium, but I ran 927 which has a super high flashpoint of like 420f yet ran cleaner spooge wise. Bikes are ridden the same way on the same terrain yet they behave differently as far as spooge. Go figure.

I personally think it has to do with many factors all coming together. Being jetted a little rich and lugging low speed all the time sure doesn't help. IMO, the design of the particular engine, the silencer design (as discussed in another thread on here recently), the general condition of the engine, and how the bike is ridden all play a part.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220