View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Tire- Rear Trials - Currently Dunlop D803 , but only cause the Michelin was out of stock , Otherwise Michelin Tube type . Front Currently a Kenda Washougal Sticky
Pressure the tire was run at- Rear 9 to 9.5 Front 12.5 to 13
Inflation device(tube, tubliss, mousse etc)- Rear Moose heavy duty tube . 2 Rim locks . Front stock tube
Terrain ridden- Tight single track with lots of roots and smooth rock faces mostly. Blast rock at times on transfer sections of logging road and also quad tracks with rooty sections
How well did it work- The difference between the Michelin and Dunlop in performance is negligible . The trials just works great for me. I have a second rear wheel with a knobby for the occasional time i go to a sandy loamy area that a more aggressive tire works well in
How well the tyre lasted- Dunlop develops cracks fast on the leading edge of the knobs where they meet the tire but dont affect the performance or life. The Dunlop does out last the Michelin slightly but i just like the Michelin a little bit more in the wet season. Washougal always works good for me
Any other notes- We ride a lot of trials trails here and some are very steep with a lot of sharp turns and the trials tire lets you lose all your momentum on those turns and start right back up again with little to no tire spin . And on what we call "Baby Head Rocks" (round rocks the size of Baby heads) they simply hook up and go , and on a good long steep stretch of hill thats a game saver

Bike (model and year)- 2010 Nambotin
Skill level- Intermediate or maybe a little above , i can ride all the trails and some times really fast and sometimes not so fast , but i do try to be aggressive on my lines and trust the bike will do what i ask of it , and it always does , its just me who fails
Location- Vancouver Island , British Columbia , Canada

Would you buy another? Yes to all 3 tires i mentioned

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve