View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 PM

Tire-maxxis SI front, GBc Dirtshark rear
Pressure the tire was run at-round 20ish for both ( yaya i know i should check it. im a noob and as long as its not flat i dont have a problem)
Inflation device(tube, tubliss, mousse etc)-tubes
Terrain ridden-anything from sand to clay, rocks and tree roots
How well did it work-the si works great, especially in wet clay and loam, the GBC seems to grab onto just about anything except wet hardpack gravel road and sometimes rocks
How well the tyre lasted-pounded out about 30 miles on wet jagged rock on hills where the sand had washed away, and i still have all of my knobs. the maxxis is almost new, the GBC was on there since before i bought the bike, and still has tons of tread.
Any other notes-ya ya the GBC is cheap. it grabs, and it wears great. slides when i want it to. while riding i did seem to have trouble getting the bike to make long sweeping turns at a good speed, but i dont think that can be credited to the tire.

Bike (model and year)-03 Ec250
Skill level-NOOB (about 6 months of good riding under my belt)
Location-west central Minnesota

Would you buy another? Maxxis, maybe, i used to have a michlin s12 xc, and that was good, but liked to lose knobs, i may switch back to try it again, but i would buy the maxxis. the GBC, if i can find another one, i will buy it. its dirt cheap, and has a good bite, and seems to last forever.
If not, why?