View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie Boy View Post
On the negative side

Jetting is still pretty shite....better than before they removed the restrictor but not great low down....and will bog on quick throttle opening ... still rideable in the terrain...but needs some work

Wider than I would like up front ....I'm coming off a beam frame bike with the tank sitting in between the frame rails so I guess that's why I notice a difference.

Bars need to be taller for me and I think I'll end up gearing it lower for some of the really snotty climbs . Both of these are personal preference and easily fixed
On the positive side this gives you something to do!

It's all personal setup from here on in. Same for any brand of bike really.

Every new GG I buy follows the same process..

Head pulled, squish clearance measured, sent to TSP for modification.
Jetting set (float height, pilot and main recorded, and needle of my choice selected) - it's just a baseline knowing some adjustment will be required.
Suspension - set baseline sag measurements and record. Record clicker settings.
Gearing - 13/50 has always been my go to. I find 13/48 a bit too tall for the steep stuff. I'd rather stay out of 1st gear most the time.

For you. If you're bogging when whacking the throttle I'd be adjusting the pilot jet and/or air screw. Start with AS and up the pilot if you end up under 1 turn out from fully seated. I'd also be checking what clip position they have the needle in.