View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Laser eye surgery "monovision"

Did anyone ever get Lasic Surgery on -only- one eye and how does that work for riding? Do you have depth perception issue? How long to adjust?

I finally got laser surgery on my right eye only. I originally planned both eyes with PRK surgery (I was not a candidate for the Lasic procedure due to my cornea imperfections). I went to a top rated eye surgeon in Houston with all the latest laser equipment and nationally known experience. He said let' s try just one eye and this way you can still read without glasses - we will use the newer Intalasic procedure. He said we will take your dominat eye (aimming eye) and make it 20/20 and leave the other alone - if you don't like it we can do the other later but you will need reading glasses. Said you can ride within 2 days .

So it has been nearly 3 weeks and I can surely see distance really great and am very pleased. That said, the "Monovision" is difficult to judge dept perception, sometimes the whoops look flat, I tend to look down just in front of the front fender but have been trying to look way down the trail.

Thanks - let me know you experiences,

TeX MarK