View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajones007 View Post
I truly enjoy my GasGas EC250 (2006) it is rather indestructible, but apparently I have had an issue with my rear hub for a little while now and it is completely chewed up.

I am trying to avoid having to ship a hub or tire, and would like to find something locally, if possible. Do any any other brands cross reference to the GasGas rear tires?
This is a post from one of our members on Thumpertalk. This is a GasGas Cross Over thread. Here is the link http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/966...rce-for-parts/

Quote:

bowhunter007

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

If you own one of these older Gassers, do yourself a favor if storage isn't an issue. In my family, I got an '01 XC250, '03 EC250, & '01 SE300. All share many chassis and engine parts. I keep a '95 KX250 in the corner to rob parts off of, periodically. '94-'98 KX250 has many interchangeable parts for the older Gassers. I just purchased the '03 EC250. The jetting is way to lean for my riding conditions. The Kawi carb is the same, and has fatter jetting for where I live & ride. If all goes well, some minor tuning will have me back out riding with a nice tan plug. My KX is normally a running, rideable bike. So far, I've taken its brakes, rear plastics, carb, and the rear wheel currently resides on the XC250(w/54t sprocket, to account for the 19" wheel). The subframe and airbox can also be used on a Gasser.

note: I do put the KX back together, so as to keep it alive, once I receive the parts for whichever GG I'm working on.

My latest addition

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar