View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 08:02 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven View Post
Trying to decide where to retire and so far I am down to Kentucky and Tennessee.

Looking for places that are close ish to a good sized town < 1.5 hours but I want to be closer <15 minutes from lots of riding. Plenty of nice single track the wife and I could ride with some more difficult for me and the friends I make when I get there.

Suggestions?
You won't find any of that in KY, sorry. I live in the little town of Campbellsville, south central KY. It's a 3 hour drive in any direction before you will find public riding lands and then, it's all beat up SXS roads, so hard packed they are "blue". Even the pay to play area's are hammered up by ATV, SXS and trucks.

Memphis mentioned Redbird, and yes there some good (advanced) trails there but these are located in the Daniel Boone National Forest which means...it could all end tomorrow and without warning. On the western side of the state, you have the Turkey Bay ORV area but the trail conditions there are now past the rock base. Completely worn out. They also claim 100 miles of trail. Wrong. There MIGHT be 35 miles...maybe.

The sad fact is, your not going to find allot of single track anywhere in the SE unless your racing HS or enduro. But hey...if you find it down here, let me know

Here is a tool I use in finding riding areas but keep in mind, the people who write the reviews are generally ATV / SXS folks. http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/