View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_upright View Post

The problem is I seem to stall quite a bit which costs me time. This happens when i'm using the clutch in that (high) gear to negotiate a short slightly slower section or obsticle.
That's why I switched to a 200. To tame the 300 in the tight wet stuff I had to be in too high a gear even after all sorts of games with flywheels, G2 throttles, Pipes, jetting, compression and even ignition timing. The 300 is just too torquey off the bottom. The best result was from Pobit's jetting with the CCK needle. Even so was still just too pokey for me. On the 200 I can be in a lower gear, keep the revs way above stall speed and not have it pulling my arms off if I tweak the throttle.

The 300 was great fun at times but only at the beginning of races. At the end I found it the bike from hell. Not too bad in summer especially on fast courses. But combine tight trees, wet roots and wet soil ......

If you want to keep the 300 for the torque then you either need to get very good with the clutch or get a Rekluse.