View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Yep! We are just one big happy "Dirty" family. I do like to razz the KTM'ers though.
Me too! Every chance I get I throw in a little jab at my friends with KTMs. There are so many of em the chance comes up regularly! But its all in fun! Cause like I said before, I like anything to do with dirt bikes! Even when it comes to those Gord colored Valve slappin KTM 4 strokes! See I just cant help myself!

Like for last years 25 hour race here in Washington. I wrote a lengthy ride report for my clubs website about how the 3 KTMs on my team all had mechanical issues or bad luck. One was a factory defect( I rest my case ) and only got 2 laps in before it was out of the race.The other got a flat and the last one had brake caliper issues. While the 2 blue bikes(a Yamaha WR 450) it's pilot had a smooth sailing race, and my Gas Gas 300 which was ultimately shared between 2 racers for virtually the whole 25 hours did not have a single issue.

Now that the NMA has a small section in Trail Rider magazine. I plan on submitting an edited version of my ride report on this race in hind sight to get people jazzed up about it again for this years contest.Keep an eye out if you all read trail rider, it's the best mag. Speaking of trail Rider, Columnist Ed Hertfelder Will be at our awards banquet tonight doing part of the presentation for the evenings ceremonies, should be fun!

Later, Roscoe