View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:50 PM

The morning of the race, something easily digestable. I do oatmeal with nanners and a light drizzle of honey and a bit of milk. I wouldn't do an egg burrito with bacon as that tends to sit in my stomach for quite a while.

Some like to add protein, but eat only what goes through you without a fight. You don't want to be jouncing all over the prarie with hunks of McRiblet sandwich in your gullet.

Carb-out about a day previous, unless you are actively training every day, otherwise you'll be nice and fat by the end of the race season.

I like to drink enough water over the previous days such that my urine come out clear, without even a hint of yellow. I find that if I really load up with water the night before, I just get headaches (osmotic imbalance).

Depending on the race, I like to have 1/3rd of my Camelback with some sort of carbo-drink (even lowly Gatorade). I have a particular need to keep my blood sugar up during races longer than 90-minutes or so. Other folks won't need to.

I have no stomach problems when drinking coffee or taking a couple of pre-race ibuprofens. Both seem to help (me).