View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 PM

All is okay on here at my end of Houston. I did find some water damage around my back door though. It could have been worse! Since the "Eye" of the storm did not make it over my house I got no break from the wind & rain. I have never heard such an erie sound like this before.

Girard is still without power and he & his wife are living in their R.V. until power is restored. Center Point energy is saying it could up too atleast a month to get everybody back with power.

I left the house to go get some groceries and it was just plain crazy! Folks were lined up at the grocerey stores & gas stations. There was no water or soda's to be had at any of the stores I visited today. The Kroger grocery store here by my house would only let 25 people in at a time to get supplies. It is pretty much this way all around Houston. My heart goes out to the people that live South of Houston. Since they are in the low lying areas they were flooded out and some are not even allowed to return to their homes for awhile.

Robby