Thread: APT SmartCarb
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I received mine today. I have just had the whole thing apart. Floats seemed pretty close. I removed the 4 x bottom allen heads and the gasket. Checked the floats visually, then held the bowl on while filling the carb from the tank. After 20-30secs I figured it was full, took it back to the work bench and then removed the body. There was around 18mm from the top of the bowl to the fuel line. I tweaked this slightly and repeated until the level was a mm lower. I now have 19-20mm until fuel level which is about half the bowl.

I then started measuring up the slide. I have no idea what the difference between the rod in the lectron and the rod in the apt are. I haven't measured or miked them, but I had previously had the lectron set at 50.25mm from the bottom of the slide to the end of the rod. With the extra fine tuning of the APT I have dialled it in to be 50.15mm as my starting point.

I'm going to go and drop my airboot in some warm water for a bit and then install the lot back in place. Its been rubbing my shock spring and always appeared like it could have been a better fit so I'm doing that now too.

Also have to change the throttle cable back over to the motion pro T3, as I much prefer its captive ends from a functional and safety point of view.
So the floats have to be set, are those directions with the carb. Why are the floats not set correctly when its shipped.