View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 AM

Where is the shock harsh? Small trail junk, mid-size whoops, etc......
Do you bottom the shock?

I have had good luck with the following

I find a choppy section of trail on a hill. I adjust the shock full soft on compression and rebound. I ride the section of trail concentrating on the shock. I increase the compression 4 clicks stiffer and ride the hill. I repeat this until I notice the packing effect of the rebound being to slow. I back up 4 clicks and then start adjusting the HS compression. I keep adding 1/4 turn of compression until i notice the shock performance dropping. I back off 1/2 turn. The low speed compression requires big bumps to set properly. I pound through whoops, hit G-outs and such and figure out this setting. It's an easy adjustment on the trail, so I tend to adjust to the trails I'm riding. Big desert whoops require more low speed compression than my local riding areas. Anyway, once your in the ballpark, it fun to make small tweaks and see what happens. I softened my low speed compression on Sunday as the front end was biting too hard in the transition from hard pack to loam.

Hopefully you lean the feel of the adjustments and can make educated guesses as to what to do in the future.

2005 GasGas EC300 (Ohlins front and rear)
2007 Yamaha FZ1
2003 Pampera 280(hers)