View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:49 PM

Default Another Float Level Question

Hi guys, first post here and I?m afraid it?s a topic you?re probably sick of seeing so sorry in advance. I have spent hours reading, trying to find an answer to this.

I recently bought a 2013 EC250. The bike runs and rides as it should except a constant leak of fuel from the overflow. I had the bowl apart, used a machinists height gauge and set the floats to the correct level. The problem got worse. I then took it back apart and did a little experimentation with it, measured the amount of fuel in the bowl after adjusting the floats. The quantity didn?t change at all, whichever direction I adjusted the floats. I always got 80ml of fuel. The only time I got any change was when I adjusted the floats to around 20mm, then I got around 70ml.

I have since changed the float valve as I suspected the spring was faulty, the problem got slightly better and I managed to get a half decent float level but I believe I?m well over the standard float level, I?m miles away from parallel with the float bowl split line. See attached photo. I?ve been for a ride today and it doesn?t appear to leak when stood vertical, just when on the side stand. It also runs perfectly.

I have checked the seat, checked the floats actually float, the tang is nice and firm, the overflow pipe seems intact. I just can?t get my head around the problem. Has anybody got any ideas?

I could just keep adjusting the floats until it stops leaking but I don?t believe that is the right way of solving this one. The attached photo is how the floats are now, little side stand dribble.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFBE9F4A-9E9C-49C5-AF48-1E0411E0B920.jpg (101.1 KB, 39 views)