Thread: Wierd deal
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I, too, found out I had an N1EE in my 2000 300 after looking at the bits leftover from the RB Designs Carb Mod. Here, at altitude, the N1EE was mated with a 40 pilot and a 152 (!) main after I put in the original Power Now inserts front and rear. The power was perfect except for being a tad rich on top when "cleaning the bike out" after extended single track riding at altitude (9000+ feet). I never would have guessed at the N1EE as the bike idled well, got great gas mileage, and it had the smoothest off idle response I ever experienced. My bike came from Hattiesburg Cycles and it was from one of their A enduro riders so I think that was where the needle came from...One last note, don't worry about your jetting if it is correct/safe for you and your bike...Just accept that someday a situation will change how it runs and my guess is the heat (air density) and possibly fuel (specific gravity) contributed to your problem. On those days you need to figure it out and do something...Which, from all indications, you did!

Eric
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.