View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
I don't eat much fat. Chicken and fish mostly. Red meat maybe once every two weeks. No dairy except a splash in my coffee in the AM. No fried stuff, no fatty snacks. Omega 3 with every meal. Not perfect, but not bad either. Its practical considering my hectic family lifestyle. I also train hard, real hard. I'm under 180lbs. Lipitor turned a multi black belt Jujitsu instructor I work with into a shadow of himself that now walks with a cane from the muscle damage in his legs. No thanks, I'll take my chances. That class of drug was conceived for post heart attack treatment, then they figured they could make a fortune if everyone was on it. I need to find another doctor, this guy loves to write tickets for EVERYTHING. Then again, today most people are lazy and want quick easy answers and a pill to solve their problems.
Just tell the doc "no." It's your body. When I wanted to lower my cholesterol I just googled what to eat, and almonds was the easiest to add and cheese easiest to remove (but I still love me some smoked gruyere...). It can be done, just find what works and stick with it.