View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

OK, time for some reason here!
There are no bad bikes out there as far as I'm concerned. People will either drink the Kool Aid or buy what appeals to them.
My 2c ( Aus)
Ive owned most of them but nothing from KTM/Husky more recent than 2015.
2010 EC 300 Euro:small, fast , reasonable suspension ( Sachs/Ohlins)
2013 EC 300 Race : taller, quite heavy, somewhat peaky engine
2015 Sherco SER 300: best suspended bike (stock) I'd ridden. Bit a pain to live with in terms of dealers.Excellent handling. Map switch that made a difference
2015 Husky TE 300: Ohlins RFX/TTX suspension. Great ( compared to stock 4CS), bit 'meh'
2017 Beta 250 RR Race. Much smaller than the current bikes, love being able to dab feet easily ( even tho' I'm 6'3"), very easy to get along with ( in terms of parts), excellent luggy motor, excellent suspension ( Gibnut's KYB's on front) and handling.250's are the new black!
2018 GG 250 and 300:Gibnuts 6 days is the best looking dirtbike out there.Period. I enjoyed riding them but they're not that much different to the other offerings TBH. Yes, great suspension ( as they all can be with fettling) , however the trump card ( !) is that you dont need to do anything to it- the three in our group havent changed even clicker settings ( and range in weight from 80kg-> 100 kg ( sorry Chris)). Even tho' there seems to be workarounds, the e start should function all the time.Sorry. It's not 2007 with an EXC.
If I were buying a new bike in 2018, I would get the GG. The Beta would be my only other choice ( given they're the same price) BUT I dont like the changes to the 2018 and the suspension ( even tho' the Sachs CC is OK) is not upto GG.
If Beta were smart , they'd be putting KYB forks on their bikes for next year.
Anyway, cant go wrong with any of them!

Last edited by jpgibson; 04-14-2018 at 05:28 PM.