Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450exc115 View Post
I do this for all electrical stuff that uses the frame as ground. Helps with everything from the coil to the E-start even the battery terminal to ground.

I raced a KTM 450XCF for several years, this motor had NO KICK starter and E-start only. The ground circuit was battery to subframe, subframe to main frame, frame to motor, motor to E start... All of them had coatings on them. I sanded all of those touch points added a slightly higher cranking amp battery and would pull holeshots on dead engine starts regularly.

I also make sure the ignition coil is sanded to the frame...Every little bit helps.
exactly. And on this bike my starter bracket was fully powder coated and providing a lot of resistance.

PS, for the OP.
It would really benefit you to take some posts cautiously regarding "I jumped my bike with my car and there's no problem with it" type posts.

Take it at face value and you may miss some pertinent information like was the bike battery a LiON type, if it was did it have any over/under voltage protection, how long was the connection made, how far out of balance was the amp capacity between the bike and car battery. Unless I stood a chance of dying in a Himalayan snow drift next to my dead bike there is no way I would connect a Shoria to a car battery in attempt to start it.