View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Ooh, I like that idea. Maybe I can make a deal with the cartel and watch over there drop areas while still riding trail!!

Sad but true, got harrased by a sheriff for riding on state land. Said I was wrecking the desert, meanwhile we were standing in the midst of old water bottles, backpacks, clothes and random garbage left behind by the illegals.

I do believe this is a battle that is going to be worse for our children.

Meanwhile enjoy what we have and do whatever you can to keep it(legally of course)!
Desert, I used to live in Tucson, from 79 to 89. I loved it there, I raced the ADRA series and got to ride all over the state and down in Mexico. We had some really excellent riding areas just outside of Tucson, Reddington Pass, Charleau's Gap were two of the most scenic and challenging areas. My wife and I have always wanted to retire somewhere in AZ. But I have gotten really spoiled with this riding here in AL. I started riding in the woods a lot like here in AL (KY). I enjoy the more technical, slower speeds here.

If I was to ride around Tucson now days, I would have to carry a side arm.

Here in AL we have most private riding areas or clubs that lease land from paper companys. Most of the clubs charge anywhere from $350 to $500 to join. Some like Perry Mountain MC that just put on the last Nat'l Enduro has a waiting list to be able to join. We have a couple of parks around that charge $15 or $20 a day for riding.