View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokondon View Post
CDN,Im starting to think something is wrong in the design of the kehin.I think there are different slides available with a different cut around the air passage for the bottom of the slide?Or maybe the case induction gas gas design ports are to radical for a good idle?I dislike anything that dosnt idle it gets me pissed.Those trials bikes they make must idle or those guys probibly wouldnt ride them -right?My 01 ec250 is almost right but it still screws up and peeders out here and there.It likes to be super low or a tad to high.If i can get my hands on a MIC im going to try it unless i hear of a positive fix
Yes, my 280 trials bike will idle for hours and not load up or change rpm, but its a 28mm, not a big jug like on the 300. There are different slides and needles that will change things quite a bit. Search here (or I smackover) for more info. Its a fine line matching pilot and slide to get things working perfect in every rpm range and elevation, but you should get close sooner or later. For what its worth, I'm using the #7 slide,38 pilot, and N1EF needle for 1000' or less elevation. Its close and doesn't stall out idling once its warmed up. But it does do to putt putt mode after 15 secs or so of idling.