View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Our final buddy showed up Thursday afternoon and had rented one of the Venture Pods for the weekend. Pretty cool setup for getting out like this, tent on top of the rack with hot water, a kitchen, and all the stuff you need to enjoy some time out in the woods "in style"...lol.

More drinking, eating, and target practiced commenced to kick off our 2nd night in camp.

As Murphy never misses a chance to screw with a perfectly good trip, weather moved into the mountains around midnight. I'm guessing it was around midnight based on how wet stuff was when I was suddenly awakened by a fine mist descending upon my face in my nice warm sleeping bag around 2 AM. And like a moron, I never put the rain fly on the tent - why do that when it's supposed to be great weather for 4 days...duh. Lesson learned there. So, in the dark in my damn boxers and boots, I pulled the rain fly out of the tent bag, threw it over the beast of a tent we have, and pulled the canopy out of the truck to get over the cooking stuff so everything wasn't totally soaked come wakey time. Needless to say, the morning started nice and wet and rather chilly compared to the previous two days.