Thread: blowing bulbs
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimtsam View Post
Thanks a lot Neil. Any suggestions for regulator/rectifier? I know about the Trailtech. This afternoon I made a test with a chinese reg/rec ( 4 wires) that the 2 wires are the DC and the other two are the yellow and the white cables that comes from stator (2 phase). It didnt worked well. So I dont know if there is an other option except the Trailtech's one.
The GG stator is single phase AC only. Bottom of the windings is engine/chassis ground. Top of the windings is the white wire for maximum output. The yellow wire is a little ways down the windings, say 90% output. This reduces the output a bit so a basic regulator has a better chance of keeping the voltage stable.

The white wire is used to feed a regulator/rectifier so the voltage is higher to enable battery charging. Using the white plus yellow wire for a rectifer input is useless, there isn't enough energy on that 10% of the windings to do anything.

A rectifier input connection must be either yellow plus ground OR white plus ground. The rectifier output only goes to the device you are powering.