View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
I use a Nike sportwatch with a built in Tom Tom. Record my route, then I can print it off on paper when I download the data. It isn't something you can look at on the trail, but use it for reference later, but you can link it to your phone for real time data. I haven't had the need. I have used a free app called run pro on my Galaxy S III that worked pretty well, but I need to protect the phone better before I do that with any regularity.
roostafish, Your post brings up a question I've been meaning to ask. Does anyone have a good way of mounting their smart phones or making them quickly accessible without the risk of loosing or damaging them. I currently carry mine in my Camelbak in bubble wrap inside a foam beer cozy. I maybe a little on the paranoid side, although I already had a hard get off over the bars hitting the ground face down only to find that my cell phone screen had an internal crack. Destroying the phone couldn't see the screen. This phone was packaged the same way in my Camelbak in bubble wrap inside a foam beer cozy. Not a smart phone probably 8-10 yrs ago so maybe they are less prone to damage now. I couldn't believe it broke but it did. Thankfully although sore and bruised I was not hurt.