View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Seems pretty serious to me. I sat on a 2018, and thought, "wow. nice." my second daughter graduated from engineering school, so my thought was "update what i have, then buy a new bike with the $$$ i save by not paying for tuition and living expenses now that she has a job."

I think that plan might be shot. I am glad i did do the transformation kit as the bike looks good. i haven't ridden it yet because i was waiting for an airbox boot. That arrived, and i finished the bike two nights ago. It's snowing (still) in Montana, but maybe i'll ride it in a couple of weeks to see how the old bike goes.

I hope that this doesn't kill the parts supply.

From google translate,

The Torrot-Gas Gas committee is afraid that the temporary ERO will result in a "closed closure" ACN
Temporary employment regulation record (ERO) in Torrot-Gas Gas will affect 128 employees (100% of the workforce) and the company wants to start applying it from July 1. It will last for six months, during which workers will go to unemployment based on production needs. The committee and the trade union representatives criticize that the direction has been closed in a band and "does not want to compensate anything" and fear that the file will result in a "concealed closure". The general secretary of the FICA-UGT in Girona, Isabel Mart?nez, concludes that the motorcycle maker suffers "serious treasury problems", because he accumulates 41 million euros of losses in three years, and claims to the investment fund that there He has behind the scenes that "put money to guarantee the continuity" of Torrot-Gas Gas.

The management of Torrot-Gas Gas, which manufactures electric motorcycles and racing, has announced on Thursday to the committee the details of the temporary ERO that will affect 100% of the staff. The company plans to start applying it from July 1 and today, in fact, the negotiation period has already been opened (because the law states that, in these cases, it must be fifteen days) .

The file will last for half a year, during which the staff will go to unemployment. "They would regulate and deregulate people based on production needs, but the big problem is that they are not expected to make more motorcycles and there is no money to buy raw materials," explains the general secretary of the FICA-UGT.

In total, the ERO will affect 128 workers. Of these, 95 work in the factory that Torrot-Gas Gas has in Salt (62 in the section of motorcycles of competition that are sold under the seal of Gas Gas and the remaining 33, manufacturing electric motorcycles for Torrot). There are eleven more that work in Vilablareix (where the company produces a speed trip) and the rest are distributed between the offices of Matar?, Madrid and C?diz (where Torrot-Gas Gas builds a factory).

Isabel Mart?nez concludes that, at the start, the company has not been open to compensate for anything. "We are very disappointed," explains the secretary of the UGT. Among others, the committee has asked Torrot-Gas Gas to supplement unemployment for as long as they do not work, holidays or not to lose extra payments. "And what is more important: if in the hypothetical case that went to creditors or the company would end up closing, if it would end up replacing this unemployment time," says Martinez.

Torrot-Gas Gas's response, however, has been a complete refusal. "They told us everything they did not, and the situation was bad," the union representative of the UGT admits. Tomorrow, the two parties have a new meeting in the morning to continue negotiating the ERO.

A "concealed closure"
The committee and the trade unions fear that the temporary ERO will end up leading to a "concealed closure". And for that, they ask Black Toro Capital, the investment fund behind Torrot-Gas Gas, which pays more money. "If you really believe the project, you bet on it," Martinez underlines.

From the address, they have been told that during these six months they trust to be able to find a new investor. But workers are distrustful. They say that in the Salt Factory the production is already "under minimums" and, in fact, there are already workers who have chosen to look for other jobs seeing the situation that the motorcycle maker makes.

"There is no money or treasury"
The general secretary of the FICA-UGT explains that Torrot-Gas Gas suffers "serious treasury problems." "We are saying that the company may be able to guarantee the next payroll and little more - it is a true drama, because we are talking about the future and the bread of many families," says Isabel Mart?nez.

In fact, the general secretary of the UGT explains that, as it appeared in the documentation of the ERO of extinction that the company presented this spring - and that did not end up applying - the motorcycle maker "accumulates 41 MEUR of losses in three years ". "This is a bleeding, and that amount is increasing," says the union spokesman. During the last year, Torrot-Gas Gas also suffered a drop in sales of more than 50% (from 39.3 million euros in invoicing from 2017 to 22 last year).

The committee and the unions already warn, however, that the staff will not be left with arms crossed. "Depending on what we are told tomorrow, we will make an assembly and respond strongly, but we will not stay unemployed waiting for them to play with our future," concludes Isabel Mart?nez.