Thread: Peddle Driven
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Banned

Its always interesting for me to hear of the issues you guys out west have with sharing public land. We don't have that problem in the east because there is hardly any public land to share. We ride on our property or ride with a friend or form a club and lease a bunch of land. When you own/lease the land you don't worry about these issues because you decide who rides and what they ride.
One of my best friend has about 100 acres near my house and several of us got together and built trails on it. Now we go ride on there on the weekend and drink beer afterwards. Sometimes more beer than riding!
Funny story about the guy who owns the land. Right after he bought it 20 years ago he found a guy bow hunting on his land. The guy was in a climbing stand. Troy told him he now owned the property and that he needed to leave. The guy told him that he had permission and wasn't leaving. Troy went home on his ATV and got his big freaking Stihl chain saw. He rode up to the tree and starting pulling on the rope to start it. The guy came down the tree very quickly and left. Troy has no more issues with tresspassers!