View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 04:41 PM

I grew up in St. Louis and was very active in the off-road racing scene but moved away a few years ago. I used to know every little nook and cranny off the beaten path. My suggestion is get to know the folks at Donelson Cycles in St. Ann, MO and Missouri Mudders. Attend the Missouri Hare Scramble Series and Blackjack Enduro events even if you do not compete. Don't be shy, let it be known that you are new to the area and you will eventually hook up with the folks that know and seek out the back secret woods if you catch my drift! Believe me they are still there. Not that I am trying to rub it in or anything, I live in Greensboro GA. I have a 10 mile harescramble loop within 15 minutes of home, Durhamtown Plantation is 30 minutes with 5 motocross tracks and 80 miles of woods trails with varying terrain. In addtion there are at least 2 other riding areas within 1 hour and motocross tracks are everywhere you turn. Most satisfying are the SETRA Enduro and HS events. Yes I am very lucky and thankful at the moment. Let's just hope it lasts!!
Regards,
Dave Altman