View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 08:24 PM

Default Silly question from newbie

Guys, i'm looking for a little help, advice. I'm actively looking for a GasGas but am having a hard time trying to come to a rational decision between a 250 and 300. Depending on the information I read, the 300 seems to be the bike to go for, but other information seems to point me towards the 250.
I currently ride a four stroke 225 (XT225 to be exact), which I use here in the Northeast on tight, deep woods, trails. I'm looking to step up to a 2T, but i'm not interested in fighting with a bike (hence GasGas).
I'm looking to have fun with a group of guys that don't race, but enjoy difficult terrain and being out all day long.
Can anyone out there in GasGas land provide me with rational information to make a decision once and for all regarding the 250 and 300, so that I can finally pull the trigger on a deal. Ideally I would be able to ride the bikes and be able to compare torque, engine pull and traction and all those intangibles, however that is not the case. I'm considering an EC250 and an EC300 Six Days.
Any ideas, comments or suggestions.

Thanks for the help.