View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default Cleaning carbon/spooge out of pipe

I'm getting my old 2010 model ready for sale. I have a confession to make... and that is that in the 315hrs work she has done over the years.. I have never cleaned the pipe internally, nor have I repacked the silencer. TBH, she blows a bit of smoke!!!

Anyway, I figure I'm cleaning her up to move on. I'm doing it on a budget cause I know I'm not going to get much for the old lass. She's sat for the last couple years (like last 4 years) with hardly any work other than the odd kick in the guts and putt around the yard.

Looks like the back brake master has lost it's load so need to rebuild that. Front brakes can get a bleeding while I'm at it. Rear brake line is worn through to the braid in one spot so I'll replace that too. No rear disc on her (*poached for the 2013), but have a couple new ones in boxes. I actually don't need to buy much to pass rego at all.

A new horn, an indicator, possibly a tail light, and the rear brake rebuild kit.

But back on topic. I don't have a big torch to use.. and the spooge in there is very moist.. Like everything that was in the silencer had let gravity take it back to the lowest point.. Any suggestions?