View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Robby,

What was the cause for your CTS? I can't imagine the numbness and duration that you experience, wow!

Good luck with the surgery and recovery.
Matt to tell you the truth we really never talked about past issues that could have caused it.

I broke my right hand in a "Friendly" fist fight back in middle school and then rode bulls thru high school with some small injuries there. From what I have read they say it comes from what you do with your hands on a daily basis. For me I have always worked with my hands. I have worked for Coca Cola for 11 years on the production line so grabbing six 2 liter bottles off of the line numerous times a day has more than likely caused some of my issues.

Some of the "At Home" tests you can do yourself have not really proven anything. But the one test he did in his office where he popped his fingers across the median nerve really hurt and he said without a doubt that I had CTS.

My surgery is scheduled for 6:00 A.M. Wednesday. My nerves have been getting the better part of me today as I am not sure what to expect. The good thing is that they told me they are going to knock me out completely. Most of the research has said that it is done by a local. I guess because I am doing both at once it is better to go completely under.

I have been fighting this issue since I got back into riding dirt bikes 4 years ago. Ask Girard. Every time we ride I struggle with my hands going numb and not regaining feeling for a day or two or longer. I have done everything possible to the bike with no relief. Hopefully this will cure it and I can once again enjoy riding my bike all day long with the exception of the monkey butt my seat gives me.

I have promised myself that I am wearing all of my Gas Gas swag in & out of the hospital. I have given my wife instructions to take pictures of me before and after so I can support our brand even at the hospital.

Girard I love you like a brother but there is no way in hell that I am going to let you try your fillet knife skills on my hands!

Thanks for the well wishes.
Robby