View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropheo View Post
I read your post about axis issue. I have also a problem with front axle. When I try to put her inside the forks, she going through with big resistance even if screws on forks are fully unscrewed. Bearings doesn't looks on damaged. I suspect that axle have a little crooked. On the begin there wasn't this problem.

My friend which have also GP300 '18 broke his front axis during a race. Fortunatelly on low speed. Damage was placed where is connection of two outside diameters, between wheel and right fork. When he measured inside hole lenght, she was longer than lenght of smaller of outside wall diameter. We suppose that is the problem, because axle wall in this place is too thin and there is a cutting effect. Is someone had similar issue ? Are available on the market an aftermarket front axles or from other model will be fit ? I'm affraid if I buy new ones, they will be the same.
There was a recall issued for the front axle on some 2018 models. You will need to talk to your dealer and either take measurements, or bring them the axle to determine if your bike is affected by the recall. This could be the problem with your axle and the axle on your friend's GP300.