View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
I don't give a rip about four strokes. If GG is going to sell them, that Yamaha powered 250 seems okay. The big one is a pile though (my opinion). I wouldn't bother. Maybe buy someone else's engine for that too. Not that it matters to me.

maybe husaberg(ish) and figure out a way to put a frickin kick start on it......call me paranoid but i dont like the idea of estart only. but i agree. no fourstrokes doesnt bother me one little bit.
I keep hearing that sentiment expressed over and over. Seems like a lot of guys are going back the 2T route. The other companies have loads of 450s running out of their ears. It may be two or three years before that pipeline is cleared out. KTM has brought in a ton of 350SXFs and now in January they are bringing in another ton of 350XCFs. A lot of guys thought that the 390 Berg was going to be THE 4T but it was underpowered. When we were in New England for the Maine national enduro, Robbie Jenks rode a 350SXF set up for the woods. He said it was light but didn't have enough motor. Now I know that was RJ who is a great rider but I don't think the 350 is the answer. My point is, there may be more 4Ts that don't sell on the market. I think the current management at Gas Gas is dedicated to making the GG a front runner in the 2T market. Personally, I like that!
Clay