View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:07 AM

I have about 23 hrs on my new '12 250 es. I concur with everything positive they said in the DB article. This bike is so easy to ride, it's almost ridiculous.......Coming off a 310 Husky w/Rekluse(which is very easy to ride and adaptable), I had some reservations about how I'd adapt to this new 2t given I had ridden quite a few different 2ts of various brands and sizes with varying success. After a couple hours those reservations melted away & now that the suspension & everything is fully broke-in, I can't help grinning during each ride. Almost like this bike was custom built for me.......
One point I'd challenge the db article on is that they say the 300 motor isn't real fast..... What they should have said is that it doesn't feel fast. There's a big difference. Tractability and smoothness is way more important to actually going fast than having an engine dump it's power like a bomb going off.
In a drag race, my 250 easily handles any other equivalent bike, yet the seat of the pants feel would lead one to think it may be slower. Most 2ts I ride with always seem to be spinning their rear tires, yet mine only spins when I really want it to. I'm going just as fast or faster than they are, yet using less gas & waaay less wear & tear on my machine.