View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah I was turning in the PFP just trying to tighten up the travel a bit before I started to look for springs. I have the Marzocchi Z-1 Bam’s on my singlespeed mountain bike and they have preload knob, figured it would work the same way. On my Singlespeed endup re-springing that one too.

The shop said being I’m in the 250 (113kg) range with gear, No hydro pk (so more weight with that), and knowing the conditions (areas) I ride, they lean towards the 50’s and try a 5.8 rear and we’d swap to a 6.0 if can’t get it right.

According to the Beta 2T chart , the Marzocchi .48’s max right at 250lbs and being the GasGas is 10-15 lbs heavier bike (pre 2018 300cc models) the though is the .50kgs will hold me higher in the stroke. I’m in Southern California and tend to ride the hardpack decomposing granite hills and higher elevation desert with rockier trails, not as sandy as the low desert here. Everything out here seems dry and hard, rutted, big hits. I use to race the Husky 570 before going back to 2T’s and my wheels would get trashed with this dry rock stuff.

Also, what oil weight are you guys running on your forks. They say 7.5 weight, but hear a lot change to 5wt.