View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 10:24 AM

Default Removing the power valve internals from the cylinder

Ok, to send off the cylinder for repair, I needed to remove the power valve and bearings from the cylinder:

On the left-side, start by removing the bolt and washer that retain the two bearings:

The bearings were frozen in there pretty good. I used a small torch to heat up the aluminum around the bearing and using a small L-shaped pick, they popped right out:

There should also be a small washer behind the two bearings, but it might be adhered to the exhaust valve.

I pulled the pin and the exhaust valve came with it. Notice on this one, the washer is basically baked up against the little valve. They all separated with very little force.

I slid my long 4mm allen wrench through the hole of the shaft that was just removed and lined it up with the hole on the right side. With a little pressure, the right side valve assembly came right out:

I inserted the 4mm wrench again into the small hole and drove out the other pin that acts as a hinge pin for the power valve. Push the pin out the right side and fish the power valve flap out of the cylinder: