View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 12:40 AM

I don't think it would be pickup coil....resistance seemd ok cold and hot....usually pickup coil works or not, at least i have fixed some engines with bad pickup coil, on those engines the pickup coil stopped working at all or when they got hot then also stopped but when cooled down started working again....haven't seen pickup coil that works ok on high revs and bad at low revs.
But i will double check.
The original injector got tested in the bench when cold and had very good spray pattern and flow rate was in spec.
It feels like the engine fuel mixture gets too lean when hot...when adjusting the CO trim with guzzidiag, it gets little bit better but the problem is still there.
Are you sure that the pickup coil data on your picture is correct? I have a different pickup coil than on your second picture....
I think they changed that in 2003-2004?
If i'm not wrong then the newer pickup coil resistance should be around 500 ohms. Maybe you can find data for newer pickup coil? It's okay if it's in german...have learned german a little bit in school

EDIT: One more thing, that could eliminate the pickup coil....when standing still and let it idle....it usually idles good. When trying to give throttle then theres 40:60 chance that it will rev okay or will sputter/die. So basically the sputter is really bad when there is load...so i would think theres something wrong with the fuel mixture (or timing). But why did that problem start just randomly in the middle of one ride.... :/