View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 10:27 PM

Default Just Squeaky- Gassers Have Character Like a Ferrari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
IME, these engines make noise.

The powervalve flapper has a heap of tolerance in it, if it didn't it would bind up and need cleaning more frequently.

The clutch packs can make noise, the pistons can slap around a bit too. An alloy bash plate will redirect everything back up at you.

Add in a few vibrations, sloppy plastics, rad braces, a slightly misaligned pipe, and you get a symphony of sound.

Loosen the chain a bit and hear that slap too!
Don?t forget the clutch squeal. I have a rekluse clutch with a rekluse basket in my 2011 gasser. If I am a gear too high it will squeal like a pig. I have been riding it since 2011 and I have never ever had the slightest problem. I rode a 2018 gasser with a rekluse clutch, when I was a gear to high it would squeal exactly the same way as my 2011,otherwise in the correct gear the gassers never make a sound. My 94 CR 250 has a Rekluse clutch with the torque drive plate system and a Rekluse Basket, it never makes a sound even if I am two gears too high. Go figure.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar