View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 12:33 AM

Default Help - 2007 EC 200 jetting

I have read evrything regarding jetting on this forum , the problem is I live in South Africa and have limited access to the different needles described in this forum . The local Gas Gas agents recomend and use a needle that canbe purchased from KTM agents - N3EH , however I dont think this needle works well in the 200 , but I might be wrong that is why I am posting to get advice !!
I have also tried a N3CG needle which is a little better but still not perfect , I know that it is richer on the straight portion and half a clip richer on the taper . I think these needles are too lean on the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle range , also when I do a plug check it is black and wet ( this confuses me even further .

Altitude : 1600 m above sea level ( 4000- 5000 ft)
temp : 40 -60 deg fahrenheit ( winter ) 70-90 deg fahrenheit ( summer )
currently in winter

The humidity is low and quite dry especially in winter

I use 95 pump gas unleaded and premix ratio of 40:1 full synthetic oil ( GRO)

My setting with the N3EH needle was as follows :

N3EH # 4 ( at #3 and #2 there is a bog or slight hesitation when giving throttle from low RPM's in the midrange , WOT there is no problem )
Main jet 170
Pilot jet 42 ( cant quite get the airscrew correct and idling was not great - settled on 2-21/2 turns out
# 6 slide
float level is correct
plug was black and wet with these settings , My feeling was that mid was lean and top rich

N3CG 34 ( also hesitation in the mid when cranking the throttle from low rpm's with #3 and # 2 clip positions )
main jet 168
Pilot jet 40 , airscrew 13/4 out , idles better now but not perfect

This setting is better but I still believe it is not the best , Please advise me ,I am limited with needles here , I can get the JD jet kit but will take a couple of weeks , would this work?