View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 09:49 AM

OK...sent the carb off to zip ty racing to do their mods.

They clean them put in an emulsion tube and some other minimal things.

They put my pilot from a 42 to a 45, and left my main at 180. Changed the squirter adjustment by the throttle cables from 2 to 3 turns. They cleaned things but the jets were older and not shiny smooth, more on that later.

To remove the carb I took off the tank and then flipped the subframe. Oh my what a pain in the Husqvarna. Was a great opportunity to reroute a bunch of stuff to get it off the engine which makes me happy.

When I sent it off there was no bog whatsoever but a real lack of power. When coming back it had the typical YZ bog. Now frustrated I started playing with the squirter adjustment and fuel screw. I replaced the main with a 178 since it was brand new and I have seen cleaned out older jets just not perform like the shiney newer ones even smaller ones. I put the squirter back to 2 turns, did the oring mod while there, and finally landed from 2 turn out on the fuel screw to 3.75 and I have to try real hard to get it to bog. It runs MUCH better but not quite at the YZ level. Enough to get my wife in trouble that is for sure.

Soooo my real question is if I went to a 48 on the pilot should I be able to close down on the fuel screw with no adverse effects to the bog? The other idea is to go 180 or 182 on the main and I should be able to close down on the fuel screw some. I does run real good up top so I think I am supposed to go with the bigger pilot. Just checking since changing things is so very hard. Technically a bigger pilot should give me more off idle torque long as I am not too rich...correct?

Thanks

Steve

Obviously it was sooo gummed up in there it just couldn't get the power out of the motor I am guessing.

Additionally I don't mind being a little lean on top now since it won't be ridden until it is warmer, and my wife will spend zero time at WOT...only when I ride it.