View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Classic indication of the spring being too stiff for you.

If you wind more preload on you will reduce the static sag will reduce, however the race sag will also reduce. If you back the preload off the opposite happens, where you'll end up with more static and race sag.

How much preload have you got on the spring at the moment? Find it hard that at 220 the stock 5.2 spring would be acting that way. I'm 200-220lbs in full gear and coated in mud and the run a 5.4 rate spring.
how do i check the preload...i looked over the forum a little bit, seems there is some info on both the sachs and the ohlins shock.. im with you on not understanding why the stock spring is stiff. exact opposite of what i ecpected... sunday morning a will take a measurement when im all geared up... the measurment i took was just me, no gear, so im probably 20-25 lighter than normal. what sag do you like Jackobi? hey thanks for all your help by the way... i think i have my jetting issues sorted, we will see on sunday, all the way down do a 165 main on a as2 38mm, jd red middle pos and 40 pilot. seems lean to me compared to others.... 4500 to 7000k feet 80 deg low humidity.