View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:48 PM

Since someone revived this thread I am going to post something I have been studying and I found it to be a large part of my jetting problems. Flash Point! You see I had been using Motul 800 since I got my current bike in January. I always had problems after long periods of slow riding with the bike loading up and taking forever to get it to clear out on the main jet. I kept thinking it was jetting and was all over the place. I started studying 2t oils and found that Motul has a flash point of 545* F!! I then looked at Spectro, Amsoil, Motorex, and Maxima. All of them had Flash points ranging from 190 to 215 degrees! So I switched to Amsoil as an experiment and BAM problem solved! You see I think what was happening is at the slow speeds the temps were not high enough to burn off the oil. So it was laying in the crankcase and in the pipe. So when the time came for wide open throttle all the extra oil was getting pulled into the combustion chamber creating an extremely rich condition. The Motul would probably work well on a motocross track or in the desert but in the tight slow stuff with a fat and slow rider on board it just didn't work.

Also funny thing was I was getting little to no spooge and my packing wasn't too bad either. I wonder if this come from the the really high viscosity of the oil making it hard to push it out of the pipe? Or is it caused by the design of the pipe? I have noticed some people say that some pipes create more spooge than others, not sure how that would work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk