View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Many thanks my friend! It is interesting what you say about the forks. The question is, do I need better ones. I am an average Joe and I am not fast, compared to fast guys I am very slow. But I know it and I know some guys who are also very slow, they just don't know it

I like the Beta's, always wanted one... but, believe it or not, the Gassy works fine again. Not sure if it will stay that way but for the moment it works, I don't know why, that bothers me a bit.

I installed another clutch master cylinder a guy lend me. before I installed it I cleaned the master cylinder and installed a repair kit. But, you already know it, it didn't change anything. In a flush of anger I put it in 5th gear held the throttle wide open and slipped the clutch. Did it 5 times and really tortured it. I was so angry I wished it would explode. Then started in first WOT and shifted without closing throttle, just using the clutch.
Still furious I did something I never would have thought, I drained the oil and filled the gearbox with ATF. Since decades I preach don't use ATF.

But since I filled the ATF (Castrol Dex II) it works. Not 100% but 90. I really could live with that. Now I don't know why it works.
Can it really be the oil? Its ATF its fucking made for automatic transmissions, how can this be. I mean I changed the darn whole clutch, basket hub, plate, slave, master. Every-fucking-thing. Then I fill ATF and all is good???
Hi, After first 5 hours on my brand new 2019 EC300 I replaced the original GG oil with 75W140 Elf oil for automatic transmissions and I can't complaint on the clutch. Very little to zero clutch drag (hot or cold), very good slipping characteristic when in tight terrain and when in neutral it also has a bit less noise.
So for me 75W140