View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Rekluse

Hi,

1st, See, I still look at the site. I have only had GG 200's and loved them. I rode the first 2 nationals without the Rekluse and then put it in for Rd #3 through #8. It made all the difference in the world and my overall finishes showed. The gearing that I used was 12/51 except at the ISDE and I paid the price. Steve is exactly right, you need to get the gearing figured out before you do the clutch. I also changed the rear sprocket for Rd#3 thru #8 to the 51. I am between 5'7" and 5'8" and weigh between 170 and 175. At 220 I would go to a 52 rear and see how it feels out of the corners. The GG 200's have so much top end (and most places you'll never use it all) that you can go to a 12/52 ratio or maybe 54. The races are won in the corners, get your corner speed up and you'll beat most of the guys in your class. Go-faster's got all of the parts for my bike and may have a new connection for performance 200 kits. Either way they can tell you what you can do to make that bike really sing. If they can't help for some reason, you can always PM me and I will help you with set-up. Don't give up on the 200 they are great bikes, I am very particular about my set-up and the bike worked great for me. I didn't leave GG because of the bike.

Good luck,
Billy