View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 08:25 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Also regarding a leaking crank seal, surely this would affect all jetting circuits?

Last night i also checked my coolant and the water pump because ithe bike was overheating. most likely from the lean jetting, but just wanted to make sure it wasnt the other way round. Impeller was fine and the gear was holding it and turning with the kickstarter. But the strange thing is that the coolant was under pressure - when i released the radiator cap it sprayed all over the place, maybe i overfilled the radiator or the chinese radiators have higher pressure caps that didn't allow it to equalize, but i did boil a little out there so i would have expected it to suck rather than blow.

Also checked the plug after the first problem ride and it was perfect (last few km were flat out so above 1/4 throttle it was running sweet) and then again last night and it was much darker and a bit wet - probably the richer 1/4 up from lifting the needle (PS we lifted the needle because it was the only option at the time - although you are right we should have screwed in the air screw first)