View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
The one thing that really stood out for me is the ktm gas cap issue that Mattr referenced. To me that's kind of a show-stopper - at any cost. Accidents happen but if I knowingly bought a bike with a history of catching the rider on fire I don't think I would be very comfortable riding it. There are too many other good choices out there. Why add any risk?
You may need to join KTMTalk to view this forum, but here is the main Gas Cap Issue sub-forum. There is so much discussion about this issue that you will get sick of reading it.

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showforum=158

With the new locking gas cap, only time will tell if this proceeds to be a problem. KTM has made a marginal effort to bandaid this issue. A good company would have completely changed the design to eliminate all opportunities for failure. The funniest thing is that the 1/4 turn cap was marketed as a quick-refill cap for racing. Now, the locking version takes two hands and lots of effort to get off.

I'm not trying to spread bad publicity about KTM. I'm only trying to inform you of a still potential issue. The bad thing is with '08 bikes, there is no tank replacement option unless the aftermarket companies release one soon.