View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike, and like fine wine, they get better with age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
Looks like the footpegs need upgraded. I mushroomed them in on both sides, not real bad but might as well buy stronger ones if I can. (Do the IMS YZ ones fit?) YES

Also the brake pedal end mushroomed in. Will the Hammerhead tip bolt pattern match up, their site says fits most KTM models? 'Fits KTM' does not mean 'fits GasGas' - hole spacing is different

Shifter as always weak weak weak, had to bend it out once and at that point I had not even dropped the bike. If it bends you can bend it back. If it breaks you're SOL

Once the bike was jetted and I had some low end and mid range no more drops and the bike ran great. Fuel mileage worked out.

First day we did Slick Rock, Hell's Revenge...not bad for getting to Moab around 4pm. Next day after a late start we went up to Dewey Bridge and meet the guys coming down the Kokopelli and we did Top of The World, down Rose Garden and out Onion Creek. Good test for my GasGas as a rider broke is water pump housing he needed to go back to the Bridge and as we trailered up loaded his bike in. So my brother in-law split and helped him and I rode back to Moab. Bike does great slabbing it.

The stock Metzler 6-Day rear tire stinks. It's okay, but really bad int he sand. I almost put on the Desert IT I took as a spare, but didn't. As a general rule FIM rears don't do well in sand. Knob height restrictions and lack of side knobs ...

I will say you get a LOT of "what's that"...they make Enduro bikes? And in town when talking to guys and you say you have a Gas Gas they assume Trials bike...LOL I will say the E-Start worked great, no issues...some guys were really impressed and said a KTM e-start be dead how many times I stopped and started waiting for the group or to hear what someone had to say.

I'm happy with what I have and I know its a "race" bike so hence some parts are made thin for weight savings . I'll get all that sorted out in time.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters